Pages

Skin Care


This week I'm planning on doing a little series of beauty posts about skincare, hair care and makeup! Maybe it's just me, but I love trying out new beauty products and finding out which products my friends and other girls swear by. When it comes to purchasing pretty much anything, I always rely on word-of-mouth first, and I've found that most people are the same way. With that said, below are a few of my personal favorite skin-care products I've found through trial and error over the years!

1. Dove Deep Moisture body wash - I like to keep things as simple as possible, and Dove is about as simple as you can get when it comes to skincare products. I have been using this body wash for as long as I can remember.

2. Eucalyptus Tea body lotion from Bath and Body Works - I am obsessed with anything eucalyptus or lavender scented, and Bath and Body Works always has the best selection of aromatherapy products. When I shower at night, I put this on right after I get out and it helps me relax right away.

3. St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer - I have realllly sensitive skin, so I don't use scented products on my face, neck or chest. I bought this moisturizer at Fred Meyer for around $5 and it has made my skin soo soft! My theory is that it's never too early to start protecting your skin from sun damage and wrinkles :)

4. Xen-Tan Sunless Tan - I recently bought this stuff from Ulta based on its good reviews, and seriously, it's the best sunless tanning lotion I've ever used. I used to go tanning in a tanning bed during college but decided to stop since it gets way too expensive and, more importantly, IT'S BAD FOR YOU! I get sun spots and freckles really easily and I don't feel like having wrinkles by the time I'm 30. Ew. This sunless tanner is definitely a bit pricey, but I've found that it's worth it in comparison to those nasty ones that smell bad and make you look orange.

5. Aveeno Positively Radiant face wash - My doctor recommended using Aveeno products since it's gentle on sensitive skin. I've been using it for about 4 years now and love it.

6. Neutrogena makeup-remover - this is the only makeup remover I've ever used. It's not oily (unless you forget to shake it up before using it. duh.) and it always seems to get the job done.

7. Some high quality H2O! I never used to believe it, but drinking lots of water and eating right can affect your skin a ton. Great skin starts from the inside, dur!

If any of you can't live without certain beauty products, tell me about them! I love trying out new ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment