Pages

Life is about courage and going into the unknown

When I think of my 5 months living in Spain, I always seem to specifically remember the morning I almost missed my flight from Barcelona back to Madrid. At 6:30am, after taking an hour-long shuttle to the airport, I had just enough time to make it through security and to my gate for my 7am flight. As luck has it, the security lady must have thought my pajamas and messy bun look was somewhat threatening, so I was forced to go through security not two times, but three. As I got through security, I immediately realized I was in the entirely wrong terminal. GREAT. Somehow, by the grace of God and my years spent (unsuccessfully) running track, I made it to my gate as they finished boarding, my shoes in hand and my hair stuck to my sweaty face. Sexy. While it was torture to get myself to the correct gate, I finally began to understand the practical joke the world was playing on me that morning. Nothing amazing, truly amazing and full of unique experience will ever come easy. Whether it be a 15 hour flight, getting lost in a foreign airport, or playing charades with your waiter because you don’t speak enough Spanish, NOTHING comes easy. But sitting in that airplane seat on my way back to Madrid—back to my new home--it felt like pure bliss. “Wow. I actually live here”, I thought. Anything and everything in the world seemed to disappear during that time.

So if you’re having trouble getting over the hump this week, I highly suggest taking a cue from one of the cutest and most inspiring movies, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.. “Life is about courage and going into the unknown.” Thankfully and luckily, my journey into the unknown led me to an amazing family, friends and country that I’ll never forget.


With all of that said, I thought I'd post a few of my favorites from my adventure through Spain and France with my mom. This world is so beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment